Monday, February 1, 2010

January Recap - Pt 3. The Moon and Stars Jewelry Ensemble Creation for Studio 34!


Below are the inspiring images and creation of my custom
Moon & Stars Cuff Bracelet and Earrings that I wore for Studio 34.
It took 8 hours from final sketch to finished product.
It's always a magical feeling to see the vision in my mind
become reality shortly after!
All the grit is worth the beauty that follows.
Below are several images that demonstrate just that.

My favorite photo of the evening
taken by Renae Bluitt of Inhershoesblog

This image of young Whitney Houston inspired
me to design a jewelry collection with stars.

After viewing this Iconic Album cover of Donna Summer
I had to incorporate the Crescent Moon in the cuff design.

Here's some of the grit I mentioned earlier.
I pasted a copy of the original sketch to the brass,
pierced small holes with HS Twist Drills No. 69,
then hand sawed out the design with a 1/0 blade.

After I filed and sanded down the edges a quick
brush with the buffer is done to smooth out nicks.

The cuff has been annealed, hammered
and now ready for the final polish.

Walla...the finished products in all its glory!
I adore designing cut outs that display the
relationship between metal and skin.

I don't have any tattoos. The idea of one is intriguing yet
the fact that I can change the design by putting
on a different cuff, ring or necklace excites me more.

The earrings were inspired by the cartoon Jem from
the early 80's. I added a shooting star element for more sizzle.
Stay tuned for more galactic designs to come!

2 comments:

Lady Yvette said...

Jem! Jem! Your truly outrageous...truly, truly, truly outrageous!! Absolutely, love your inspiration and your work. ;-)

Lady Yvette

Anonymous said...

AFTER POLISHING BY HAND OR TUMBLER I'M ASSUMING WHAT DO YOU USE TO KEEP THE BRASS SUPER SHINY?